Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Running Program for People Who Don't (or Can't) Run


I mentioned in my first post that I had stumbled upon a beginner's running program. This program starts you off at nearly nothing. Seriously, jog for 60 seconds, walk for 90 seconds, repeat. Yep, its that easy. The best part: its free. Click the image above to go check it out.

TIP: there are apps that will tell you when to start jogging, and when to start walking for nearly every mobile platform. They are often called 'couch25k' or 'c25k'.

The program claims to get you to running a 5K (3.1 miles) in just 2 months. This would be absolutely true if you did every workout exactly on time, with no injuries, illnesses, and without 'life' rearing its ugly head.

TIP: Give yourself at least a couple weeks longer than that - just in case.

There is a large FaceBook community of couch-to-5kers. Feel free to post what workout you're on, how you feel, or if you're having problems. Often, other fans will reply. Also, feel free to post those things here! I'd love to hear how you're doing!

2 comments:

  1. I just signed up, but Tiana, it does NOT look free! They wanted me to buy a program for 20 bucks. what are those about? I have committed myself to the president's challenge and will start my first 30 minutes tonight when it cools off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, that's odd. Here's the link again, in case I got it wrong the first time:

    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

    ReplyDelete